Monday, March 3, 2014

Gravity #12: The blog was been quiet, but I've been busy!

Hey there!

I've been incredibly busy, and have finished five more Gravity paintings since I last posted on this blog.  I wanted to give Make a Wish of Alaska & Washington a chance to choose from the work for their annual Gala and Auction before presenting it to the public. They've chosen two this year, and I'll be posting them in a bit!!  If you are interested in those, I encourage you to find someone who is attending the sold out event and have them bid on your behalf.  It is taking place on March 8th.  The other works (including this one) are available by filling out the contact form on the right hand side of this blog.  For your reference, this piece is currently available for a $300 donation to an approved charity.  It measures 12" x 6" and is perfect for placing on a shelf, or hanging on a wall.

As usual, click on the images below for a larger view.

Gravity #12, first painting with an embedded signature (lower right)

Different lighting

Like most of my gravity paintings, this one changes depending on the angle viewed case in point:





Believe it or not, this is how it started out!  It was incredibly green before the purple airbrushing work:


Detail shots