Saturday, April 7, 2012

Gravity Painting "X" (Happy Easter)

This is the general madness that takes place here at Studio 612.  As always, click on images to enlarge.

Just another gravity painting test, right?

Wrong!  It's Easter Egg coloring time here!

I really like this one.  Almost looks like an angry bunny.

This one looks like it's yolk is on the outside

Drying inside

R takes a break after all the hard work assisting me.

And, then she finishes off the evening with a much more traditional way to prepare for Easter....

Seriously though, I wanted to test these paints out on a big supply of unprimed canvas that I received.  I don't know if the canvas was treated with a waterproofing agent, but it certainly seems that way.  The paint beaded up when it hit it.  That made it react a lot differently than the other canvas I had been using.  Not sure I like the result, but it's good to know what it does.  I also heard that painting directly on unprimed canvas can ruin the lifespan of a piece of work.  So, I likely won't do this in the future.